Mayor David Runfeldt - March 28, 2020
I have been notified that there were 4 new cases on Friday and 3 more today, bringing the total to 14 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lincoln Park. Most of the cases are recovering at home and I am very pleased to inform you that 2 of our cases are now listed as "RECOVERED" from the virus.
Now is as important as ever to continue our vigilance in practicing the recommendations of the CDC, the NJ Department of Health and local health officials.
I would like to specifically ask that parents of pre-teens and teenagers discuss with your children the importance of proper social distancing. I have been informed by our Police Department (and many social media posts) that there are often large groups of these age children riding bikes or walking in close contact to each other throughout town. Once again, although this age group is "less" susceptible to serious consequences of the disease, they are not immune to it and are certainly more likely to spread it to others if they do not follow the recommended guidelines.
As I have stated many times, my administration remains in constant contact with our state and county partners, and we will release additional information as it is provided. As both Mayor and Emergency Management Coordinator, I can be on 3 or 4 conference calls a day with various county, state and federal agencies. Our borough administrator, health officials, Police and first responders are often on as many, or more, calls daily as well.
The State of New Jersey has set up a comprehensive website covering many questions you may have regarding COVID-19, as well as a telephone hotline. For more information, please visit www.covid19.nj.gov or call 211. Our Borough website www.bolp.org also has a tremendous amount of information for you as well.
Please remember to consult your personal doctor if you exhibit any symptoms of illness. I will continue to provide accurate and up-to-date information as quickly as possible.
Mayor David Runfeldt
- 03-28-2020 Mayor's COVID-19 Update re: additional cases in LP
- 03-26-2020 Mayor's Statement re: additional COVID cases in LP
- 03-24-2020 Mayor's Statement re: additional COVID cases in LP
- 03-23-2020 Mayor's Statement re: additional COVID cases in LP
- 03-21-2020 Mayor's Statement re: COVID cases in LP
- 03-21-2020 Governor's Executive Order 107
- 03-19-2020 Governor's Executive Order 105
- 03-19-2020 Governor's Executive Order 106
- 03-17-2020 Mayor's State of Emergency Order
- 03-16-2020 Governor's Executive Order 104
- 03-13-2020 Mayor's Coronavirus Statement